learn to cook in the Lake District
1 Tin of Corned Beef Cut into 1 cm Dice
1 Red Onion Finely Sliced
1 Large Potato 1 cm Dice
1 or 2 Cooked Beetroots 1cm Dice (or grated)
1 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Worcester Sauce
Bacon and Poached Eggs to serve
Prep time: 5 Mins
Cook time: 15Mins
• Bring a pan of water to a simmer and add the diced potatoes. Alternately you can
toss the potato in oil and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
• Meanwhile melt the butter in a frying pan and add the onions, frying until soft.
• After 5-10 minutes, drain the potatoes and add to the onions. Fry until the onions
and potatoes are starting to brown a little.
• Add the beetroot and continue to cook and toss around until all are well combined
and starting to crisp.
• Add plenty of pepper, the Worcester sauce and parsley.
• To serve, place on plates in a nice pile and top with crisp grilled bacon and poached
Nutrition; Beetroot is a fantastic ingredient. Having been shown to be a great liver
cleanser the dark purple colour also aids in fighting cancer. Eating beetroot regularly has
been shown to increase the uptake of oxygen by as much as 400%. It is virtually fat free
and converts into sugars in the body very slowly so can help stabilize blood sugar level for
longer. The green tops are very rich in foliates.